The University of Texas at Tyler Teacher Preparation Academy is designed to increase the number of certified teachers who have advanced certification and degrees in the fields of mathematics, science and/or technology. The program also has an undergraduate component designed to target undergraduate students working towards completion of their teaching certification in the fields of STEM study. The UT-Tyler Academy is fully funded by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and UT-Tyler.
Graduate Program: Currently FULL
Undergraduate Program: Currently FULL
For more information or to answer questions on the process of applying for teacher certification please contact:
Ms. Gayle L. Ferrell
Participant Benefits Include:
- Scholarships $2500 per semester (renewable)
- Subsidized books
- Materials for your future classroom
- Technology Training
- Partial scholarships to attend professional conferences.
Academy Program Requirements Include:
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA in your college coursework
- Mandatory attendance to a monthly Learning Academy Seminar (you will be emailed seminar dates once you have been accepted)
- Once certified, you must teach in a Title 1 school for 2 years (most East Texas Schools qualify)
- Insert Undergraduate Agreement to Serve
- Photo Agreement
Scholarships renewable per semester as long as you re-apply.
Please note: Once you have completed all forms, to re-apply for the scholarship you will ONLY need to re-submit the application form per semester.